Sunday, October 19, 2008

A little about my family

It has been almost a week since my first entry. It has been a little scary. You are very vunerable with a blog. Some people may not feel that way, but think about it, it is. Things you say and comments you make will follow you for a long time, even after you have forgotten all about it. Anyway as the saying goes: No Guts No Glory...

I'd like to give you a little insight into me. I am a 33 year old mom of two and wife. My husband and I are quite the opposite in personalities. As a matter of fact, when Jerry and I were having our premarital counselling we each took a personality test. We were as far apart on the spectrum as two people can be. At times it can be difficult but most times it works very well. I don't know if the world can handle two of me anyway! My husband is very quiet and calm. He gets excited over few things. Where as I can be accused of being a little dramatic at times. Jerry is very smart. He has spent most of his adult life completing 5 degrees including his last doctrate in business administartion and also has a CPA liscence. I on the other hand, have a measly little Associates degree. With all that my husband treats me like the smartest woman on earth. I love him so much!

I have 2 kiddos, Colleen who is 13 and Connor who is 3. They keep me pretty busy. They are both pretty typical kids. Connor is always going and gets bored easily. Colleen is very smart and quite talented. I have been teaching her piano for almost three years now and I can already see that she is going to be a much better pianist than I am. We homeschool our kids for several reasons. One of those is it just works out best for our family. My husband is an instructor at a local college here and as such his schedule is not the typical 9-5 , 5 days a week w/ two weeks vacation in the summer. We have found that homeschooling gives us the flexability to allow my husbands schedule to dictate our family as opposed to a school calender. For instance, this semester Jerry is working Tuesday and Thursday nights and doesn't get home until close to 10 o'clock. While that's not reall a big deal seeing as he leaves the house @ 12:30, it would be a problem if the kids were in traditional school. Between work and church commitments, my kids wouldn't see their dad from Monday night until Friday night. That just won't do for us.

I am a pianist and have been playing for 23 years. (Wow, you know your old when you've been doing something for that long.) I love to play. When ever I am sad I can sit down and play and instantly feel much better. It doesn't work well when I'm angry though. lol

I am currently pursuing a degree in herbalism. I am very fascinated with herbalism and naturopathic care. That's not to say that I am totally against traditional medicine. I believe its very much needed on a daily basis for a good number of people. Including our family. Our children like to see the docs in the ER on a regular basis. lol I also feel that God has given us what we need to maintain proper health in the form of herbs and naturopathic medicine.

My newest hobby of course being blogging.

Well its late and tomorrow is Monday. We get to go on a feild trip to Jeremiah farms and milk the goats. Connor and I are excited, but Colleen's not exactly looking forward to it. Till next time.

2 comments:

Kimallen said...

O how fun, have a great day!!! Happy milking.

Unknown said...

Some how I never saw you as hesistant to speak your mind. lol Welcome to the blogging world!
I hope you had fun at the farm today.