Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Parental Rights

Dear Blogging Friends,

As you visited my site I'm sure you noticed the parentalrights.org sign. I want to encourage all of you to visit this sight and learn what it is all about. With the US quickly wanting to become more global, the rights that most of us take for granted may be gone soon. I promise I am not one of those people who read somewhere on the Internet about some family who heard about a friend of a friend who had a friend who was investigated by the state and is now hyper-paranoid! I lived a similar instance in my own life, TWICE!

Once when my DD, who is now 13, was 3 days old, her father (whom I affectionately call the sperm donor)'s new girlfriend called DSS saying I was trying to sell my baby! I had a full blown investigation on me at an already stressful time in my life. Needless to say I was cleared of the charges but still...Then when Colleen was 11 someone called DCFS in WI where we were visiting a friend and actually took custody of her on DCFS authority. I was given a fraction of the time to return home with my children and immediately check her into a hospital for evaluation. BTW, when we arrived at the hospital it was well past midnight! My husband and I had to be there to be evaluated ourselves with our 13 month old son and me 4 months pregnant. The stress of that ordeal, which also cost us $600 in lawyer and Dr bills, I believed also caused me to go into premature labor at only 21 weeks. Our beautiful daughter Cassy was born to early and lived only 2 hours.

These cases are real. Our simple rights as parents are being infringed upon daily. Ask any homeschooler. Most homeschoolers have to abide by more laws than the public or private schools do.

When Connor was born (in Illinois) I was given the option to be tested for HIV during my pregnancy. I did not believe I was in need of it so I turned it down. I found out just 3 weeks before he was born that even though I had the right to deny the test for myself, Illinois law says that ALL babies will receive the rapid HIV test upon birth. I realize you're probably thinking, What's the big deal? Well there are several big deals:

1) It's my business what testing I choose to have done and not choose to have done! What right has the state to stick a needle in my newborns vein w/o my consent or even knowledge. See a Dr didn't tell me this, I found out happenstance. When I asked the Dr he confirmed the information but told me he was under no obligation to tell me about the law.

2)The rapid HIV test has a very high false positive rate. This is because it doesn't actually test for HIV because that takes weeks. It test for an abundance of T cells. Which anyone can have for a number of reasons. Once a positive is received for the rapid HIV the baby is immediately given retro viral drugs and breast feeding is not allowed. Baby is also usually kept in hospital or put into foster care until the standard test comes back at around 4 weeks. (wanna guess who's paying that bill?) Cause see, refusing to test for HIV when you have it (cause how else would the baby get it) is called child neglect in Illinois.

3)I actually had a nurse at the hospital where Connor was born tell me, when I complained about the law, that I was just a parent and didn't have the ability to make such decisions (have my son tested or not) and that that is why Illinois had to pass a law to protect baby's from their (her word was unknowledgeable but I heard STUPID) parents.

These are all instances that have happened to me. I pray I don't have to struggle anymore with others but I sincerely doubt it.

BTW, in other countries, there is no such things as parental rights. Your parenting are judged by "national safety statistics"!

Please go to the web site, please read the information and please educate your self on this very real danger.

No comments: